- Date: March 21, 2018
- Verse: “Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently…” (1 Peter 1:22)
If you find yourself just going through the motions, then spend some time with Father and fall on your face. Let Him break your heart and realize you're not the priority in this place; the glory of God is! Begin to humble yourself and admit the hypocrisy. Ask Father to make you a servant of all, so men would see our good works and glorify our Father which is in heaven. Go to 1 Peter 1:22.
Calvary Temple Ministries features over thirty-five years of teaching resources. Many teachings include both full transcription and audio.
You may conduct a direct keyword search via the search form or filter results based on several categories.
Devotionals by Date
- Date: May 16, 2004
- Verse: "They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them: But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps."(Matthew 25:3-4)
"Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. And five of them were wise, and five were foolish" (Matt. 25:1-2). The biblical definition of a fool is one who has said in his heart, "There is no God" (Ps. 14:1). Theologically these people will tell you there's a God. These are people that are attending church.
- Date: May 15, 2004
- Verse: "And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares."(Luke 21:34)
If anything is clear in the teaching of the coming of the Lord, it is to get your heart out of the world and get rid of the party spirit. Stop being caught up with the temporal things. Do not let them entwine themselves around you. The fact that these things are being embraced by the Church is the very sign to us, as children of light, that Jesus' coming is very near. So don't be surprised when more and more of your buddies fall by the wayside, wrapped up with the cares of this world refusing to go the way of the cross--death to self--because of their love for the temporal.
- Date: May 14, 2004
- Verse: "Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."(1 Thessalonians 4:17)
"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God..." That word "shout" in the Greek implies a military term of command. There is a clear command being made. I believe that command will be the one in the book of Revelation: "Come up hither!" When He says that, there isn't anything keeping us back. We need to understand how powerful and effective His words are in that day.
When Jesus comes with a shout or a clear command, the voice of the archangel, the trumpet of God, at that moment "...
- Date: May 13, 2004
- Verse: "Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand."(Philippians 4:5)
When you speak to certain Christians, you may not always be talking about the same thing when you're talking about the coming of the Lord. You ask them, "Do you believe the Lord is coming?" They say, "Yes!" But they're not talking about the rapture, the catching away of the Church. It has nothing to do with imminence or purification, but an earth-dwelling mentality to remain on the earth in the flesh and allow their natural appetites to continue to manifest.
Let's find out what the Apostle Paul and other first century apostles had to say concerning the coming of the Lord.
- Date: May 12, 2004
- Verse: "And then shall every man have praise of God."(1 Corinthians 4:5)
We have good news to look forward to: we will receive a reward. Don't you like payday? I am looking forward to that day. 1 Corinthians 3:8 says, "Every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour." Many people think that America is heaven and we all have rights. Redemption gets you to heaven; your labor, diligence, obedience, and fruitfulness get you your reward. We will not all be treated the same in heaven. There will be different rewards of recognition and responsibility met forth as we return to rule and reign with Him.
- Date: May 11, 2004
- Verse: "Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;"(Titus 2:13)
The coming of the Lord is that hope, the blessed hope that we have to draw upon. Hebrews 9:28 says, "Unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation." There needs to be a looking for Him, an awareness, a hope and a trust in His coming.
Titus instructs us to look for the blessed hope. The context of the chapter is the preparation of our lives in holiness, "Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, ...and godly, in this present world" (Titus 3:12).
- Date: May 10, 2004
- Verse: "Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not."(Luke 12:40)
Earth-dwellers (those who love this planet) are marrying and giving in marriage, eating and drinking--caught up with everyday activities. Both in the days of Noah and in the days of Lot it says they were eating and drinking. What's wrong with eating and drinking? They were so caught up in the mundane, everyday activities that they couldn't see the day that was on them. Don't be caught up, because in the hour when you think not, He comes as a thief. If you had known, you would have been prepared. Stay prepared. Most policemen are killed when they think it's just routine.
- Date: May 9, 2004
- Verse: "But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions..."(2 Timothy 4:5)
We're living in this hour when men are being turned from the truth unto fables. They're believing lies and soliciting lies. They're inventors of evil, the Scripture says, not only doing these things but taking pleasure in and making heroes out of the people that reject the Word of God (Rom. 1:30, 32). Are you watching? Are you even aware of the seduction that's taking place in your minds? What am I saying? What we do we do as unto the Lord. We do it differently than the world does it.
- Date: May 8, 2004
- Verse: "But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience."(Luke 8:15)
People don't want to hear the truth. We're living in a day when people want to be told a lie about how great they are. They want to be told how great the world is and that everything is going to be OK. It's not. Evil is going to wax worse and worse. This world is not going to get better; it's going to get worse. We need to come to grips with that. How many of us are honest with ourselves? Listen to the teaching of Jesus, the parable of the sower.
- Date: May 7, 2004
- Verse: "For some with conscience of the idol unto this hour eat it as a thing offered unto an idol; and their conscience being weak is defiled."(1 Corinthians 8:7)
Our conscience is established and formed based upon external input--social, spiritual, and cultural--that makes us who we are and sets our mores. The Scripture says that we, as Christians, can have both strong and weak consciences. The conscience can be defiled. There can be a good conscience; there can be an evil conscience. The conscience can be seared. So many things can happen to our conscience.
The conscience is not synonymous with the spirit man. The conscience is a part of the soul realm, of which the spirit feeds.
- Date: May 6, 2004
- Verse: "Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God." (Luke 16:15)
We're breeding kids who can't think for themselves, can't make decisions, and have no idea of the responsibility of independence. There is independence from the law, and there is independence within the moral law of God. We must learn to walk in the spirit, make decisions, and work with our own consciences within that parameter of the law of God.
Why do you want to wear a certain style of clothes? Is it because the world wears them and you want to be esteemed in the eyes of men? The issue is not style or cost; the issue is the heart.
- Date: May 5, 2004
- Verse: "But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed." (James 1:25)
When we talk about the flesh, we're not talking about just the socially unacceptable sins--drunkenness, fornication, lasciviousness. We're talking about independence, separation from God, the self-life, living for self. Coming out of Romans 7, Paul gives us the good news. In chapter 7 the man in turmoil says, "Dear God, the things that I want to do, I can't do; and the things that I don't want to do, I find myself doing. Who is going to deliver me from the body of this death! I thank God, through Jesus Christ.
- Date: May 4, 2004
- Verse: "For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace." (Romans 6:14)
"Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God..." (Rom. 6:12-13). Yield yourselves unto God. What does that tell us? Sin can never overpower you. You might say, "I just couldn't help myself. The sin just overpowered me." No, it's impossible for sin to overpower you. Sin does not have dominion over you; you choose it. In every temptation, in every moment, there's a way of escape.
- Date: May 3, 2004
- Verse: "Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?"(Romans 8:16)
Our identification is with Jesus; we've been crucified with Him. If we've been crucified with Him and buried with Him, we'll be raised with Him, the Scripture says. The resurrection that Romans 6 talks about is not just the final resurrection, but it's a resurrection in Christ that frees us from the power and dominion of sin. We've been raised with Jesus, and therefore sin no longer has dominion over us. As a new creature we live free from sin. "For he that is dead [to self] is freed from sin." Romans 6, 7, and 8 talk about sin, carnal mindedness, worldliness, and the flesh.
- Date: May 2, 2004
- Verse: "For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit."(Romans 8:5)
"For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh..." (Rom. 8:5). "Mind" means "to be intent upon, to have your mind set upon, to give yourself to." We can't draw a false conclusion that we shouldn't go to work, because for eight hours we have to concentrate on what we're doing. If we think that a hundred percent of the time we have to have our minds on Jesus, praying, and reading the Bible, we've missed it. We know we can pray in the Spirit constantly; we know that we pray without ceasing. It's an attitude of heart.
- Date: May 1, 2004
- Verse: "For he that is dead is freed from sin."(Romans 6:7)
Many are looking for independence and liberty. We should be asking, "What can I do to become more dependent upon God? What can I do to become freer from all of those appetites of the world, the weights and the sins that do so easily beset us? How can I change the treasures of my heart?"
"Think upon these things," Paul said in Philippians. You need to reprogram your mind. If you're asking questions about what's lawful and what liberty you have, it's because you've been feeding your mind with all the garbage of the secular, of the world.
- Date: April 30, 2004
- Verse: "Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be."(Romans 8:7)
Are we walking in the liberty that sets us free from the power of the world system and the sin in our members? How do we live in that daily? All of our lives are up and down to different degrees. There's not a person whose life has been on a constant incline of spiritual growth. We all need help; we all need our hands lifted up; we all need to be built up. To live in the Spirit, you have to realize you live in a community of people who love you, will strengthen you, and will bring to you reproof and instruction. You're never liberated to live as an independent being.
- Date: April 29, 2004
- Verse: "Yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God."(Romans 6:13)
"Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof" (Rom. 6:11-12). What is sin? The simplest definition of sin is "to miss the mark." What is the mark? It's godliness, life in Christ, total dependence upon God. Sin, then, would be any choice that leads me away to independence--all that the tree of the knowledge of good and evil supplies.
- Date: April 28, 2004
- Verse: "For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace."(Romans 6:14)
If you believe that God will deliver you, that His Spirit dwelling in you can make you live victoriously and you choose to pursue that free gift, those that come to Him, He will turn none away. He'll do exceedingly abundant above anything that you could ask or think. So just change your course. Too many people are waiting for God to come and do it. Too many of us sit around and hope that somehow we will experience a Damascus road encounter. But most of us are going to have a Matthew experience: everything is going great--you're a fat cat, easy street--then you hear, "Follow Me.
- Date: April 27, 2004
- Verse: "Know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God."(James 4:4)
The problem with many ministries today is mingled seed--the Word of God "plus" Freudianism, humanism. To be a friend of the world doesn't mean you go out and party; it means that you embrace their philosophy. The world system is all about the deification, independence and success of man; it lifts man up. That's the root that we have to guard against. We live in a "sound-byte society" where everything is glazed over and image; when it's one phrase that sounds good.