- Date: July 9, 2018
- Verse: “But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ” (Ephesians 4:15)
We've been teaching on the love of God, and the mandate that the Lord Jesus gives us is that we're to love as we've been loved. "By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another" (John 13:35). Nothing speaks louder than genuine love among the brethren. "By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another." Not how many Bible verses you can quote, not how big our fellowship is, but the world looking in and saying, "Those people love each other.
Calvary Temple Ministries features over thirty-five years of teaching resources. Many teachings include both full transcription and audio.
You may conduct a direct keyword search via the search form or filter results based on several categories.
Devotionals by Date
- Date: April 17, 2019
- Verse: “If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.” (James 1:26)
In Ephesians the fifth chapter He says, "Listen, don't let these things be once named among you" (verse 3). Don't let this stuff go on, don't allow this "...foolish talking," verse 4 says, "…nor jesting," this nonsense, "…but rather giving of thanks." And He says again here, just like He did in Galatians, the people who do these things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
- Date: April 15, 2019
- Verse: “Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:” (Ephesian 4:26)
We've talked about these things that we've found in our midst. We're been dealing with things in our midst of this same variety of which we're speaking. Strife, division, schisms, seditions. And we find it in every level from the youth to the oldest among us. And there's no place for this in the body of Christ. And we talk, and I believe that we're so sincere-I don't doubt that. I believe that we are thankful for one another. I really do, I believe that most of us here are truly appreciative of this family that God's given us. I believe that.
- Date: April 13, 2019
- Verse: “Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.” (Ephesian 4:31-32)
Father, we come, we stand before You, and we stand in awe, for You are an awesome God! And You are holy. And Father, as we come before You, we are in awe of You, and we just thank You for Your great love and tender mercies for us. Father, we come, and we ask that You would remove that coal from the altar and put it upon our lips. O, Lord, we're a people of unclean lips. We so need the sanctifying of our hearts and our mouths, that we could see the Lord high and lifted up, that You would come into this place and shake us, Lord.
- Date: April 10, 2019
- Verse: “This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish. For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.” (James 3:15-16)
You can't justify your sin. The Holy Spirit says, "Listen, this wisdom that lies against the truth, that tries to justify its position to allow the tongue full expression- "I have a right to speak my opinion." No you don't. You have a right to love one another, because love will cover a multitude of sins. You don't have a right to slander and to go around and criticize what a brother or sister may have done you think that offended you. The Bible says in Matthew 18, go to them alone. And when you stand praying, forgive.
- Date: April 8, 2019
- Verse: “But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.” (James 3:8)
Do you know that one of your idle words, one of your flippant comments to somebody else can cause a wound in a brother or sister that will never go away? You can wound your brother's and sister's soul. And dear God, how this happens in our marriages! In a moment of just anger and wanting self to be somehow, "Look at me! Listen to me!" and to try to make a point we speak some harsh word or critical word. "Marrying you was the biggest mistake I ever made." That will never go away. "Sorry that we ever married.
- Date: April 3, 2019
- Verse: “Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!” (James 3:5)
As we saw in our study of Tongues of Fire II, it's not enough that you stop, you also need to stop others. This is not just about speaking, it's about hearing. It can't be tolerated any longer in our midst. We saw some of this spirit not too long ago and some of us just caught ourselves and even had to laugh at ourselves. But you know, it's really not funny. When we just made that little rearrangement of chairs and moved some different things and how people just had to give their opinion and some people were upset that something changed.
- Date: April 1, 2019
- Verse: “But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.” (Galatians 5:15)
We see the list and admonition in Galatians 5:19-21, that those that do these things will not inherit the kingdom of God. If you're involved in, if you're causing strife, you will not inherit the kingdom of God. If you've set yourself up in your own eyes as someone who is the authority, God's representative, the one who judges the actions of the rest of us here in this community, you will not inherit the kingdom of God.
- Date: March 25, 2019
- Verse: “Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock…” (Matthew 7:24)
Look over at Proverbs, Chapter 1. And he says in Proverbs Chapter 1, verse 20, "Wisdom crieth without; she uttereth her voice in the streets: She crieth in the chief place of concourse, in the openings of the gates: in the city she uttereth her words, saying, How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge? Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you." Wisdom comes by experience.
- Date: March 22, 2019
- Verse: “And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.” (Job 28:28)
Let's see, what would be a great example of the earthly and godly wisdoms, these kingdoms conflicting? See if we can think of a Biblical example. Oh, I know, here would be a good one. "Why don't you throw yourself off the pinnacle because the Scriptures say? These are a people that are governed by the Word of God that are opposing you at this time. They'll see God preserve you and know, then, that you're a true prophet of God. It will solve the whole problem. Everybody will see it. Word will spread. You'll have free course for your ministry, no more opposition.