- Date: October 21, 2019
- Verse: “Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.” (Isaiah 6:8)
We're going to look the lives of David and Asa and Jehoshaphat as we go on. We're going to look at a couple of other lives thrown in there. We're going to look at Elijah and Elisha, great men, mighty men of God, and try to identify every one of their failures and see if any of that happens to be in us. "When I come, will I find faith on the earth?"
There is particular incident in the life of Jehoshaphat we are all very familiar with in 1 Kings, Chapter 22.
Calvary Temple Ministries features over thirty-five years of teaching resources. Many teachings include both full transcription and audio.
You may conduct a direct keyword search via the search form or filter results based on several categories.
Devotionals by Date
- Date: October 14, 2019
- Verse: “I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?” (Luke 18:8)
Do we really understand-I don't think any of us do-the hour that we're living in? We say that we do, but historically, what an exciting time to represent the church of Jesus Christ! Never a time like it: the generation that will most likely see the return of the Lord Jesus. We're it. We talk about it doctrinally, but can you imagine? I can only imagine what that voice is going to sound like. It's going to sound like a trumpet, but I mean that voice. Can you imagine just hearing, "Come up hither! Come on home! It's over.
- Date: October 11, 2019
- Verse: “But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.” (1 Peter 2:9-10)
If we're going to be participants in the kingdom of God as those lively stones, Luke 14 (verses 26-30), basically say: count the cost. Don't get part way through this thing and let it become your folly. You've heard that term. Some of you may have seen it in your own towns growing up. Somebody starts a venture and they don't have the money to finish it and they would call it "so and so's folly." There's a price here. We want to be used. We want to be a part of the temple of God, the household of God. We want to be a part of that living church.
- Date: October 10, 2019
- Verse: “And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.” (Luke 22:31-32)
We know the doctrine. Then we look at Iran, we look at China, we look at all of these things lining up and we say, "Yeah, but we've seen these things line up before." Have any of you caught yourself saying that? "We've seen this before." How scriptural is that? "Where is the sign of His coming?" That very statement is the sign. Are we prepared? Any tent stakes that are a little deeper than normal? "Well, I'll just shake myself when it's time.
- Date: October 8, 2019
- Verse: “As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby…” (1 Peter 2:2)
Turn to Isaiah for a moment, Chapter 66. "Thus saith the Lord, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: [where is the house,] where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest? For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the Lord: but to this man will I look, even to him that is [of a humble] and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word." A man who trembles at the Word of God.
- Date: October 7, 2019
- Verse: “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.” (Ephesians 6:12-13)
We are living in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation among whom we're to shine as lights. Our testimony is that we're not of this world. Satan, the rule of the world, is demonic, supernatural, non-reluctant, and irresistible without the blood of Jesus affecting and cleansing your mind. He holds the world under his power. The most heinous murderer and mutilator and the sweetest little self-willed grandma are going to the same hell under the same power of Satan. We, as Christians, go out a little bit naive ourselves and think, "Well, these people are okay.
- Date: October 4, 2019
- Verse: “Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.” (Ephesians 6:10-11)
"…be strong in the Lord, and the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil" (Ephesians 6:10-11). Put on the whole armor of God that ye may be able to stand. If you don't put on the whole armor, you won't be able to stand. Satan's wiles are greater than your wisdom, greater than your strength. You have only one chance of standing and finishing this race and that's with the whole armor of God on.
- Date: September 30, 2019
- Verse: “Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.” (Ephesians 6:10)
"Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might" (Ephesians 6:10). Can you step back and truly say that every victory you've experienced, everything that has you where you are today, was purely done by God and not by your own strength? "Be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might." There's nothing about you in that. "Take heed when you think you [stand]." Let's say it this way, "Take heed when you think you stand in the house you built, through the thing that the arm of your flesh has developed.
- Date: September 26, 2019
- Verse: “Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.” (Ephesians 6:11)
The moment you're faced with a situation that the Word of God speaks to you, do it now. God doesn't need you to sit back and analyze His Word and analyze this situation and, "What will be the best application at this time?" I'll show that to you in the failure of Jehoshaphat. Remember who Jehoshaphat was. He and Asa were two of the greatest kings that the nation knew, that the covenant people knew.
- Date: September 23, 2019
- Verse: “And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.” (1 Corinthians 9:25)
I really want us to really stop and go, "Okay, let's take a real survey of our pursuit of God." We've talked about what Paul says concerning mastery in Corinthians a number of times, but we know that if we're going to be a master in some area then we must be temperate in the others. How much time did you spend in mastering the kingdom today? Or are we temperate in our prayer, temperate in our service in the kingdom, temperate even now in our thinking toward the return of the Lord.