- Date: February 11, 2019
- Verse: “Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.” (Proverbs 4:7)
In our discussion of wisdom, I want to emphasize the word "choose" here, because choice is vital as it comes to this subject that we're talking about. Which kingdom are we moving in? What wisdom are we moving in? Which do I apply at this particular time? Wisdom is the ability to choose the best course of action-the ability to choose the best course of action based on knowledge and understanding.
"With your wisdom," the wise man says, "get understanding.
Calvary Temple Ministries features over thirty-five years of teaching resources. Many teachings include both full transcription and audio.
You may conduct a direct keyword search via the search form or filter results based on several categories.
Devotionals by Date
- Date: June 19, 2019
- Verse: “He that keepeth his mouth keepeth his life: but he that openeth wide his lips shall have destruction.” (Proberbs 13:3)
Look at James, Chapter 3, verse 8. We have read this passage a number of times already in the study. We see as the Holy Spirit is speaking to us, He says, "The tongue can no man tame." But God can! You might want to put that in there. In fact, in my Bible I have written there, "God can." With God, all things are possible! "The tongue can no man tame. It is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison."
Through this study, have you begun to be frightened of the tongue, this little member a little bit? You should be.
- Date: June 17, 2019
- Verse: “Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ…” (Ephesians 5:19-20)
Ephesians 4:30 says, "Grieve not the Holy Spirit." He goes into the next chapter and he makes this statement. He says in verse 17 of Chapter 5, "Be not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is." A lot of people want to know what God's will is. Here is the will of the Lord, "Be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess, but be filled with the Spirit."
Being filled with the Spirit is not all about just speaking in tongues. Thank God for our prayer language. We do not minimize it. We are surely not ashamed.
- Date: June 10, 2019
- Verse: “Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.” (Ephesians 4:29-30)
We have been talking about unity, of being in one accord, how important it is for us to come and find our place in ranking under the headship, the lordship of Jesus. He is the head of this great body, the church. We saw that anything that is done against the church is done against Him, and He takes it personally. Whenever we find ourselves being critical and defaming and causing strife and sedition and all of these different aspects that bring confusion into the church, we are sinning against His lordship. We are sinning against His sovereignty.
- Date: May 29, 2019
- Verse: “For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.” (2 Thessalonians 3:11)
In 2 Thessalonians we see there was disharmony coming into the church. Now, remember the church in Thessalonica was under great persecution. These epistles hold more information about the catching away of the church than any other passages. The persecution was so great that some among them in Thessalonica were being told that they had missed the rapture and that they were in the great tribulation. That's how bad stuff was.
- Date: May 27, 2019
- Verse: “And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient…” (2 Timothy 2:24)
I've learned a lot about humility in these last number of years, and it's no longer just doctrine to me. I've learned that meekness is not weakness, and if the body can be brought together, two are better than one. How can we walk together if we're not agreed? It's the only way your marriages can last especially in this hour that we're living in, where everybody's personal agenda is being promoted. The woman's role: "I'm not fulfilling myself; I don't feel fulfilled unless I'm the CEO. I need to go out and get a job and use my talents and fulfill myself.
- Date: May 23, 2019
- Verse: “Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.” (Philippians 2:3)
There is no higher calling or greater demonstration of Jesus' lordship than to humble yourself and to prefer others and make them big, seek their wealth and gain, not your own, speaking to edifying, ministering grace to the hearers. We talked about the tale-bearing spirit and what it can do, the damage it can do among us. Proverbs 18:8, "The words of a talebearer are as wounds [we talked about that], and they go down into the [heart]." All of us at one time or another have been slandered.
- Date: May 20, 2019
- Verse: “But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.” (1 John 1:7)
We have the admonition in Ephesians 4:29 not to speak corruptly and, theologically, we all know this. We understand it but somehow make ourselves the exception because what I think just has to be communicated. "People are entitled to hear the truth, and all truth originates with me, my understanding, how I perceive, what I think." How about let's make it spiritual and holy? Why don't we kill one another over love? "They are not loving me properly," so we want to gossip and kill them, talking about how they are not showing us the kind of love we think we deserve.