- Date: October 9, 2015
- Verse: “And Samuel said, Hath the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the Lord ? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.” (1 Samuel 15:22)
We've got a lesson to learn in our midst. We have watched the hand of God dealing with lives over this last number of years - - in my life, personally, us as a fellowship, and many of the trials that you've been through. Some have lost family members, some are battling with diseases and pains, and the economy. We've spent time in the Word of God where we've studied and it said, "We have only one recourse in the midst of all of these trials, to just stand and say, 'The Lord gives and the Lord takes away, blessed be the name of the LORD'" (Job 1:21).
Calvary Temple Ministries features over thirty-five years of teaching resources. Many teachings include both full transcription and audio.
You may conduct a direct keyword search via the search form or filter results based on several categories.
Devotionals by Date
- Date: June 20, 2018
- Verse: “And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.” (Ephesians 4:32)
One of the things you'll see as you study this out is that the Holy Spirit is saying to us here that longsuffering is patience. It's endurance. It's bearing up under these real or perceived assaults on our divinity, and so if we truly understand the love that God has for us, and the love that He has for our brothers, just start putting the same value on one another that God did when He loved us before the worlds were created. The Holy Spirit is speaking to us here and talking about this longsuffering.
- Date: June 13, 2018
- Verse: “And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.” (Epesians 4:32)
How do you respond to individuals you have offended? Is it, "Hey, we're going to have conflicts"? And, as well as we all know each other, as intertwined as our lives are, we're going to have conflicts. How do you resolve the conflict? By you being the first one to humble yourself and seek healing. "Yeah, but I was the one that was wronged." Well, now you can be right, again. Look what he goes on to say.
- Date: June 6, 2018
- Verse: “Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.” (Ephesianbs 4:29-30)
A while back, we were teaching a lot on the cross and we were asking how do we really perceive ourselves. See, if we see ourselves as truly low and humble, then can anybody ever do anything that's humiliating to us? Can you be humiliated if you're humble? And the response is you turn the other cheek. You pray for those people. You look to speak in grace into their lives and speak unto edification. Why? That you might be perfect like your Father in heaven is perfect. "Man, I don't know if that's possible." It's possible. The blood of Jesus provided it for us.
- Date: June 4, 2018
- Verse: “Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: Neither give place to the devil.” (Ephesians 4:26-27)
We want to look at a couple of passages in Ephesians, Chapter 4 and see what Father has for us. We were talking about this the other night, but just a quick look at a verse here that might be helpful to us in getting started. As Paul speaks to us, "Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: Neither give place to the devil" (Ephesians 4:26-27). I want to tell you something, man. The longer you put this off, the greater bondage you're in. Don't give place to the devil.
- Date: May 30, 2018
- Verse: “But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.” (Matthew 6:15)
The Holy Spirit has been really ministering to our hearts in a very practical and, I think, productive way to bring unity and strength into the body of Christ. The main thing He has been speaking to us, of course, is the basic principle that we've been talking about, and that's doing unto others as we would have them do unto us, the Golden Rule.